Monday, 17 November 2008

The Start

For a long time I have had the feeling that I should attempt to share more with more people on a subject I have been interested in for a long, long time: viability.

Viability is - for me - first of all a word that starts an acronym of the '60's, the VSM or Viable Systems Model. The word itself however conveys so much hope that even outside the VSM community viability is a concept worth studying.

When is something viable and what is the definition of viability. According to www.thefreedictionary.com, viable means:

1. Capable of living, developing, or germinating under favorable conditions.
2. Capable of living outside the uterus. Used of a fetus or newborn.
3. Capable of success or continuing effectiveness; practicable: a viable plan; a viable national economy.

So - at least - viability is connected to the living and that is exactly why this word is part of the title of this blog.

Next time I will go into the reasons why the word fragmented also is a part of the title.

2 comments:

Samuel Driessen said...

Welcome to the blogosphere, Harold! I'm looking forward to read your insights!

Tom said...

interesting,
will read you..
Tom